Monday, July 16, 2007

Last Month Update I

So, what happened during this first month?
- First week: it was mostly preparation to visit the LC (Local Committee) of AIESEC in Split, for which I am responsible to coach. Here you can see photos from MC (it’s the team that I belong to and it stands for Membership Committee) house (we live in the second floor) from which I take 45 minutes to get to the office and 40 to the city center.
- Second week: the visit to Split. It’s a very beautiful city and reminds me Funchal.

I had the opportunity to visit the castle and the beach (twice, and I even went to swim once). More than once, we went to the beach at night to drink (in Croatia that is very usual among young people, to buy drinks, go to some place outside and then to go clubbing). I was very well received and it was very interesting to get to know better the LC, but there is definitely a lot of work to do.

Two interesting episodes: one German guy that last year was in Split for an internship was there during my visit period in vacations and I had the opportunity to meet him. The funny thing is that it wasn’t the first time because we knew each other from EuroLDS (AIESEC conference in Spain 2004 where I was delegate and he was from the organization). What a coincidence :)

Second episode: the EB (Executive Board) from Split wanted to learn a Portuguese Roll Call, so I have teach them “Estou Alegre” song, and here it is one photo from what they have wrote to be able to tape the video I have sent to the communities heheh. Can you understand anything?

Then I went back to Zagreb and finally I meet the Indian girl that had arrived meanwhile to Croatia. That week I also went to an LC Meeting of LC Zagreb (they have LC Meetings every week!).

- Third week: finally we manage to gather all the team together. We started with the MC planning and we also had some Teambuilding moments. We went to this very beautiful and big park in Zagreb, Maksimir.
To be continued...

No comments: