Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I’m an AIESEC’er

After returning from Portugal the best way I would describe what I was feeling would be like this: I’m an AIESEC’er, a person who has developed in the past 5 years leadership skills, competencies and self-confidence; who has developed true friendships based on intense moments, good conversations and a common passion for diversity; a person who lived the entire life in one country but is willing to leave behind its best friends and to travel to a foreign country where everything is unknown for the sake of challenge and personal development…
Because in the weeks after my visit to Portugal I realized that good friends stay no matter the distance, I realize that what is meant to be will happen no matter the months apart, I realize that this is an experience that I cannot express in words. I reflected most of all about the internationals that while in Lisboa I have received, I reflected about the things that during those years they have shared with me. I came to the conclusion that when I answered to them “I understand what you mean”, I had no fucking idea what they meant, I had no idea of what is to be living abroad.
Now I can say “I understand what you mean”…

No comments: