Saturday, March 15, 2008

Experiencing Zagreb

In the end of January I got to know more the cultural side of Zagreb because of the Free Museum night. I had already heard about his initiative in others countries and gladly I had the chance to experience it in Zagreb.
. ................................................................................
So, basically I went to the Archeological Museum, to Mimara Museum, to the Museum of Arts and Crafts and finally to the Ethnographic Museum all for free. My favorite was Mimara Museum because of the Photography Exposition from Stanka Abadžića with black and white photos from different cities.
This initiative grew in me the desire to get to know better the cultural side of the city so hopefully I will find a way to attend some events and expositions :)
. ................................................................................
Then in the beginning of February was a great period to explore a little bit more Zagreb and its nature.
We had a birthday in the team, Geet’s birthday, so we decided to go to Sljeme, the mountain near Zagreb to have lunch and connect with the nature. So we went up by bus and we came down walking.

In Sljeme it is possible to find a few cottages with delicious traditional food and for me is always incredible to see so many people in these places walking in the mountain and enjoying the fresh air:

To get in contact with such places is always refreshing and I hope we manage to do this more times, it wasn’t even exhausting :)

Afterwards we came home and we surprised Geet with a cake, it was a simple but very nice birthday.

In the day after I decided to continue enjoying outdoors so I went to walk near the river. The river that crosses Zagreb in Sava, which starts in Slovenia, goes through Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina and ends in Serbia where it converges with Danube in Belgrade.

For me it’s a real pity that they don’t take so much advantage of the river. Basically there aren’t any bars or facilities near the river. Even though, it is possible to find a lot of people walking their pets, riding a bike or simply walking with friends or family despite the cold heheh.

But it's a pretty sight for anyone that can appreciate beauty and I am so grateful that finally I have my camera working again (miraculously) because soon I will need for my trip to Macedonia ;)

No comments: