Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Non-stop travelling

During July and August, after returning from Portugal, I’ve spend a lot of time travelling and moving my things around…

First I went to Czech Republic to attend a meeting of AIESEC Presidents (MCPs) from Europe and North America.

It was interesting to return to Prague, visit the city, listening to the language and imagine that actually I could have lived there last year instead of Zagreb because I have applied for Czech Republic before Croatia heheh. I was never sad that I didn’t got elected specially because I believe that everything happens for a reason but it is interesting just to think about the possibility, look around and see which people would I have spent my year with and … it is weird right?

One of the best things (besides meeting MCPs) about my trip to Prague was to experience a party tram! Yes, you pay the entrance, you get a beer and there you are, going around the city during the sunset with a tram full of AIESECers, it's unbelievable! The only problem is that when you want to go to the toilet, well, there is no toilet, it’s a tram! So it can not be a long party I have to say…

Then I returned to Zagreb, we had MC planning and then my second trip was to Slovenia border. I had to go to Slovenia, more concretely to post office, to pay mine’s and Ana’s airplane ticket to Brazil. I know, it sounds crazy but it is quite near, approximately 40 minutes by car from Zagreb. Cool, ah?

Afterwards, a couple of days later I went to Split (which was basically my vacations this summer) for ISP conference. I had a great time with amazing people from all around the world which were delegates in ISP:

I had the opportunity to visit beautiful places in Dalmatia:

Roman ruins of Salona ancient city

Trogir Island which is UNESCO World Heritage.

Then I also visited Brač, a beautiful island situated in front of Split and I loved the boat trip (I didn't get seasick, there are no waves, its the sea not the ocean ;).

Besides that, Nastya, my MC VP TM from Ukraine came to Croatia and I almost managed to gather my team heheh (but there is a space for Bonny):

And although I’ve spend more time there than planned, I had to return to Zagreb but not for long because then I had to travel again to Požega for a 5 days meeting with LCPs which exceeded all expectations ;)

Then, I went from Požega to Osijek which is 90km distance but this time in a motorcycle… Those who know me know that this was a challenge for me but I actually enjoyed it. It was great to reflect and chill...

And then during my stay in Osijek I experienced a completely new thing for me: to swim in a river :) First, we enter the water in one place, we go with the flow and we go out in other place because of the water stream. How fun is that?

Then I got back to Zagreb and to be honest my wish was to stay there for more than 2 weeks, relax, rest, not to travel more. But Brazil was waiting for me so not even a week later I had to leave for IC in Brazil.

Another reason that made this harder was the fact that since the beginning of July Celine, MC CEEDer from AIESEC UK, was in Zagreb but only until the end of August (which means that when I would return, she would have left already).

AIESEC is a great experience but it has these things: I meet amazing people with interesting personalities, fascinating life stories, full of life, people that bring the best out of me but then, they don’t live in the same country as I do! Who knows when I will meet them again, have a coffee or beer, have a walk in the city, have a nice chat… It is hard and to say goodbye to Celine was hard because she became one of those special people in my life eventhough we only shared a couple of weeks together.

But also AIESEC has another interesting thing: it makes the world seem much smaller so eventought it may seem I won’t ever meet the same person twice, experience has proved me that that is wrong, and there are ways...

Soooo, sooner or later, I know my path will cross again with my friend Celine. And thank god there is internet nowadays!

No comments: