Thursday, July 26, 2007

Wine with Coca-cola

Last week I had a lot of work because I was going to have an AIESEC Conference (5 days with the 5 local responsibles for HR, all girls!) mainly for knowledge sharing, decision making and define actions steps for the term.
So, after 1 hour of sleep I left Zagreb on Thursday to Starigrad (it means old city), a small city in the coast near Paklenica, a National Park.

We really had a good time, we have covered everything we needed, we were very flexible but effective, we made important decisions, we danced, we still had time to go to beach everyday (the water is around 26-28 Cº), to get to know and to drink. One interesting custom here is to mix wine with coca-cola. Young people normally buy very cheap red wine and mix it with coca-cola and also in AIESEC conferences the same happens. With white wine, they mix it with mineral water.

(This is a photo when we left home one night; the one that we took when we arrived is censured). I had a great time and I am very satisfied with the final outcome. It was somehow challenging but I’ve learned a lot of important things about the country and especially about the AIESEC culture in Croatia.
I can say now that one of the biggest strength of AIESEC in Croatia is the mindset that people have that they are One AIESEC. Just to give an example, in LC Meetings it’s normal to present the activities and projects of others LC’s. So, it was very interesting to see them discussing about things such as “How to communicate selection to new members” because they were concerned in transmitting the same message, otherwise it wouldn’t be good when different members from different LC’s talked about it and perceive differences in the process…
So, after those five days I’m back in Zagreb, I’ll soon start my vacations until 10th of August and I’m going to Split and to Belgrade for sure, and probably some other places...

No comments: