Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Why does it always rains on me...

The weekend in Split was really great. In the first day I went to an amazing coffee bar with a great view over the city. In the second day I had the opportunity to try Octopus cooked via a typical cooking method from Dalmatia Region which is called “Peka”, I also went to an amazing sightseeing place in memory of the war soldiers from which it was possible to see the islands and cities around. In the third day I went climbing this mountain in Split called “Marjan” with an amazing view also and also I went up the St. Domnius’ Bell Tower of the Palace of Dioclatian. I was completely fascinated with the old part of the city, the palace, and the streets, so full of history. What I liked most is the fact that local people are still living inside the palace in so pictorial small houses. Also, a funny thing that happened is that I was walking in the Riva at night and suddenly I hear Portuguese. There was a large group of Portuguese people doing some kind of study tour to the palace and I found myself following them just to hear a bit of Portuguese. It’s was such a great feeling :) Besides all this, I went everyday to the beach and I had great parties. Thank you all guys for such great moments. Now I’m back to Zagreb, its 18 Cº outside, and it will probably rain. Actually, in this city I think it rains every week at least once. This is a picture from the beginning of July, so you can see. And now, I’m going to take advantage of the fact that I am in the center of Europe and start travelling. Today the destination is Slovenia.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! looks really nice there! if you start travelling don't forget you are not so far from Poland ;)

Michal