Saturday, August 4, 2007

Slovenia

My trip to Slovenia is definitely worth a post…

The beauty about being in the center of Europe is the following: Saturday, 29th of July, in Split speaking with a Serbian Girl who had an internship in Slovenia:

- So, where are you going after Split?

- Oh, I’m going on Tuesday to Slovenia and I leave from there on Thursday to Italy. And you?

- Well, I don’t have any plans.

- Do you wanna come and meet Ljubljana? You could come with me and on Wednesday we can see the city because one day is really enough.

- Yes, why not? Let’s go.

The possibility to go to another country, to pay less than 20€ and to take less than 3 hours. How great is that? So you can imagine my excitement, I even forgot the passport and we had to take another train (“European Union People” my friend would say).

About the city, it’s a small city but it has some magic I must say. There is this river that breaks into two and then joins again giving the city a tough of Amsterdam appearance, with bridges and lovely buildings in both the sides. The castle from the top of the small hill remains very well preserved and gives the opportunity to the hundreds of tourists to see the entire city (people from Croatia and Serbia would say that it’s possible to see the whole country, because they are always making fun of the small size of Slovenia).

This photo is from this place called the 3 bridges.

A view from the Castle tower

And… Even if Slovenia didn’t have anything else, I believe that only for this it would be worth to visit this country. Imagine, walking around and to see a lot of signs saying that! Because in their language Cona means Zone… I don’t think I need to say more…

Well, it was great, I loved the feeling to go to another country is so short notice and the city. Thanks Bojana and see you soon.

No comments: