Saturday, January 26, 2008

My next step

After HMS I had time to taste more international dinners and to say “see you soon” to new friends:

But November is a month to make decisions in AIESEC, or at least to start thinking about them. For me it wasn’t an exemption.

In these last months in Croatia I had my ups and downs, my victories and defeats, I have learned to appreciate this country, I’ve understood how relative our principles can be and I realized that in life I have to define my own standards. And although it was the most difficult decision I took until now (at least the one that took me more time) I have decided to apply for MCP of AIESEC in Croatia for the term 08/09 because I believe I can contribute and because I still feel I have much to learn with this country and experience.

Thus, during CNC (Croatian National Conference) the elections would take place which includes speech, election panel and Q&A, so in the previous weeks I allocated time to read and above all to speak with people.

Then CNC came and I have to say that the whole experience was very important for me. Applying for the same position was also Sinisa, the VP Finance.

I couldn’t have chosen better person with whom to share this experience. I didn’t felt in any moment that we were opponents, I always felt that we were actually together in this challenge and experience.

Parallel to this was always the usual crazy parties from AIESEC Croatia. You need to experience it to understand the whole atmosphere and craziness, I definitely advice: Alien Party Fun here ;) My Functional Team Who? Me? Nooooooo…

Meanwhile, I also meet two very cool and inspiring girls, Viola (Maltese) and Mia (Serbian) with whom I had great time and conversations.

And concerning the process for me it was a strong cultural experience because in AIESEC Portugal questions are very different and the whole atmosphere of the election in my perspective is much more positive. For me it was quite challenging to understand the relevance of many questions or to frontally say “I don’t know”.

Then, after my final speech I had an amazing surprise because my biggest friend, Eduardo, came all the way from Portugal to support me… I was speechless… Obrigado gajo!

And yes, that is me with a skirt heheh.

Then we went for the official dinner and people surprised me again. Before the announcement and dinner they just started dancing and having fun, while Edu asked me “Aren’t they curious to know the result?”

Then the moment arrived and I was elected MCP 08/09 of AIESEC Croatia :)

So, this means I will be staying in Croatia one more year and I will lead the country next term.

And like so many people told me: “Good Luck”.

No comments: