Saturday, March 29, 2008

Busy March

After returning from IPM the most difficult was to get back to real life since it was a quite busy period.
First I was invited by LC Split to be part of the LCP Election Board in which Nina (currently in my Functional Team) was the only applicant. So I went by bus and during my trip started to snow, check how it looked like:

Then I participated in the whole election process which is a bit different from I am used to. First there is an interview with an Election Board that has the responsibility to give a recommendation for the General Assembly. Then there is the normal Q&A and then votes.

It was a very short visit but I can say that I have learned something and Nina was elected :)
...
Then, I came back to Zagreb (again) and I went to receive a great friend of mine from Italy, Federico which came to visit Zagreb for the weekend. I have meet Federico in IC 2005 in India, then in EuroXPRO 2006 in Czech Republic, later in 2007 in Lisboa and now in Croatia :)
Also, he and Geet meet in IC 2006 in Poland, so basically we spend the weekend the three of us.
...
We made sightseeing in the city center (I know how to show much better Zagreb than Lisboa or Funchal already).

We went to the cemetery but it’s always weird to do this kind of sightseeing.

It is very common for people to buy candles and light them in the cemetery. And for this purpose they have these interesting candles that come with a plastic coverage so they are protected from rain and from wind because of the weather conditions. Isn’t it interesting how people adapt small objects depending on the conditions and surroundings?

Even though we were very tired (some more than others)…

We went to meet some friends in their student dorm and went clubbing. It was a soft but very nice going out.

In the day after, I went with Federico to the other side of the city to Lake Jarun and then we meet Geet in Maksimir Garden where we enjoined the last minutes of daylight.

Thanks for visiting us Federico, it was great and refreshing. You are always welcome.

Besides that during the week LC Zagreb organized the Career Day which for me was also something new because in Portugal we don’t organize such event. In the last day of Career Day they also organized a party heheh.

Then another surprising event happened during the weekend, the celebration of St. Patrick’s Day which is an Irish celebration. I still didn’t understand exactly why they celebrate it in Croatia but it seems there is some kind of Irish community so me and Sinisa we went to join the outdoor party in the city center.

Also that week it seemed the spring was here to come with the sun shining and then the snow came again. I have to admit I am still not used to wake up and have such view:

And to finish this month was the deadline for applications for my MC team but I did not had any applicants which was a bit difficult to deal with. I tried to see the other side of this situation, it was a good moment to challenge my capacity to think positively and I want to thank to all the people that gave me support and remind me WHY.

...

“Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end”.

2 comments:

NunoC said...

Oi gaija!

Fixe ver q isso, com os devidos desafios, continua a correr bem!

Forte abraço!
NunoC

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.