Saturday, September 20, 2008

Je ne sais quoi...

In June I had my last exam to finally graduate so I had to travel to Lisboa and then I had to stay there longer because I didn’t pass the first time…
...
I would say that Lisboa has a certain “Je ne sais quoi”… It’s something I can’t explain but that fascinates me and that makes me fall in love for that city every time I return there.
...
Is it the river? The hills? Its nature and beauty? The architecture? The cultural events? The history? The social life? Maybe but I would say it’s also related with my friends… So, Lisboa for me is:
In the end, I managed to pass my last exam so I’m not a student anymore… It doesn’t feel that way and I didn’t feel that excitement about finishing my major of psychology. I just felt relief.
...
But, although I love Lisboa, I did feel excited about returning to Croatia this time and it was great to feel that :)
...
And thanks everyone for making me feel home*. You are always with me, all of you…
...
*Some definitions of home:
An environment offering security and happiness.
The native habitat.
The place where something is discovered, founded, developed, or promoted.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Ohhh yeahh lisboa é que é!! :D
Tudo o que dizes neste post, tudo o que com as fotos tentas transmitir... eu entendo. Entendo porque também o sinto!
É tão verdade o que digo que ao vê-las fiquei feliz por ainda aqui estar e por ter a oportunidade de te ter aqui nem que seja 2/3 vezes por ano. Basta (como quem diz...) pois são sempre momentos intensos.
Agora mana... não te esqueças é de fazer também um da Madeira, quando lá formos no natal. A nossa Madeira também tem um "je ne sais quoi..." :D
Bjinhos e abraços de quem te adora mtooooo,
Your sister (só p n dizer que não escrevi nada em ingçês lolololol)