Sunday, October 12, 2008

The weirdest thing...

.
A lot of people ask me if I miss home and Portugal, if I miss my family and friends, if I like the food and so on...
.
Well, yes, I miss all of that but the weirdest thing is that my best friends live in my computer. I cannot hug them, have a beer with them, go to a concert and sing together with them, go for a dinner, share a walk on the park or simple share the silence of the sunrise after a hard party night. I cannot find support in their eyes, or the understanding of their look when I’m feeling down or when I’m feeling happy, I cannot “see” if they are having a good or bad day, I cannot even call when something great happens and I really want to share it and I cannot be with them to say in the right and needed moment “You can do it, I’m with you”.
.
It’s not that I feel they are distant (the computer helps a lot) but it’s hard to share my life and to understand what is going on in their life's using words or pictures when before we were used to use gestures, smiles and expressions.
.
It’s hard and I am having the exact same feeling right now... words are not enough...
.
So, and just to clarify, if I am online doesn’t means that I am working or answering e-mails. Most of the time it means I’m spending time with my friends :)

1 comment:

Aigul said...

and we are actually not far from each other. will definitely visit you. but when??...=) (my brain is really boiling now trying to find an answer)